Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Own Advisor Blog 3

My Own Advisor has been blogging for a couple of years and has a lot to share with novice investors. This is a third and last part for this blogger. The following are the rest of his posts for novice investors including quotes directly from his blog.

Investing
My Own Advisor Blog has some great posts on Dividend Investing, his investing Approach and help for DIY Stock Investors.

To DRIP or not to DRIP, is that the question? This Shakespeare-esque question popped into his head again after reading articles by The Wealthy Canadian and The Passive Income Earner about Dividend Reinvestment Plans (DRIPs). He said "Thanks for that gentlemen, because it's always good to sit back and review your investing approach now and again"...continue...

No doubt the RRSP deadline is approaching fast. If you don't already know, the last day to contribute to your RRSP for the...continue...

A few weeks ago I returned home from a golf vacation, a "boy's vacation" in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The vacation was great; great friends, great accommodations, great fun even if the golf game was lackluster...continue...

If you've been following my blog, you might recall a few months ago I called out to Derek Foster, wondering what "Canada's Youngest Retiree" has been up to. Back in September, Derek was a busy guy. I found out he completed an interview ...continue...

For decades, mutual funds have been a hugely popular way for Joe or Jane Canadian to own pieces of companies. For years, I thought this was a great...continue...

With a New Year come resolutions. It seems to make sense. New Year, new = change. I can wrap my head around that. I've made a couple of resolutions, personal ones and maybe at some point I might share them on this blog. For now, I have some financial resolutions and goals drafted...continue...

Know more about My Own Advisor
If folks want to know more about me, and where I'm at with my investing journey, they can always visit the "Dividend" and "Indexing" pages on my site.

A major part of my investment strategy is dividend investing. My wife and I plan on using dividend income to pay for part of our retirement expenses. Our goal is to earn tax-efficient and tax-free dividend income to the tune of...continue...

Outside of dividend investing, I index a major portion of my retirement portfolio...continue...

Mortgage Prepayments
On the benefits of mortgage prepayments, My Own Advisor writes:

I believe one of the larger personal finance debates is the TFSA vs. RRSP contribution vs. mortgage paydown debate; and rightly so. I got thinking more about this debate (than usual) this week because of our fortunate situation...continue...

Saving
On making saving simple, My Own Advisor writes:

One of the great joys (yup, joys) I get from personal finance is watching our savings account grow. Many, many years ago, on paydays, when I found out we had some extra cash in our account, I tended to follow a spend first and save later strategy...continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my website for stocks followed and investment notes. Follow me on Twitter or StockTwits.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the links to my site and highlighting these previous articles Susan. I hope they help all novice investors or even those experienced investors take a fresh look at things.

    The beauty of sharing posts like these, we can all learn some more :)

    Cheers,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark has a great site and you picked some great links to share!! I'm always learning something from him. Cheers Mr.CBB

    ReplyDelete