Monday, July 29, 2013

Emergency Fund

The virtue of an emergency fund is that it can lower stress. Yes, it was stressful for me when I was working and my company decided to downsize. However, I noted that it was far less stressful that what others were going through.

I went through several of these downsizings. Also I had an employer bought out and an employer go bankrupt. The reason for my less stress was that I had an emergency fund. I never needed to use my emergency fund. Could I have also survived the downsizings because I was less stressed out about them?

On my other blog I am today writing about Newfoundland Capital Corp (TSX-NCC.A)... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment