Monday, January 13, 2014

TFSA for 2014

What I bought for my TFSA for 2014 was Saputo Inc. (TSX-SAP) and Hammond Power Solutions Inc. (TSX-HPS.A). Saputo was my main buy and I used Hammond Power Solutions Inc. as my filler. I use filler stocks to soak up excess money. They are usually small caps and cost less than $10 per share.

Both these stocks showed up as cheap on my dividend stocks list. Hammond was showing up cheap based on historical high dividend yields, historical average dividend yields and 5 year median dividend yield tests. Saputo was showing up as cheap just on the historical average dividend yields and 5 year median dividend yield tests. See my spreadsheet here. and my blog entries of Dividend Stocks, Dividend Stocks 2 and Dividend Stocks 3.

I have held Saputo since 2006 but it was in my RRSP accounts. Since I am now taking money out of these accounts, I am selling stocks with the lowest dividend yields. Saputo had one of the lowest dividend yields in my account. However, I still like this stock and therefore I am buying it for my TFSA account. In this account, I like stocks with low dividend yields but rather high dividend growth.

Hammond was my main TFSA choice last year. It has been having problems lately and that is why it is cheap. However, recently the stock has been picking up some momentum.

My most recent reviews of Saputo was in June 2013 and they are here or here. My spreadsheet is here sap.htm. My most recent reviews of Hammond was in June 2013 and is here. My spreadsheet is here hps.htm.

On my other blog I am today writing about Bank of Montreal (TSX-BMO, NYSE-BMO)...continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment