Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Increased Dividends in 2013

I have some 49 stocks spread out over 5 accounts of Canadian Trading Account, US Trading Account, TFSA, RRSP and RRIF. In 2013, my dividend income increased by 10.53%.

Of these stocks that I hold, 28 or 57.2% increased their dividends in 2013. Of the stocks that increased dividend 5 or 10.2% increased their dividends twice during the year. Of the other stocks, 2 or 4.1% stocks decreased their dividends and 20 or 38.8% stocks kept their dividends level in 2013.

Of my consumer stocks, 6 out of 9 or 66.7% raised their dividend and 3 kept them level. Of my energy stocks 2 stocks of 3 raised their dividends and one kept theirs level. Of my Financial stocks, all of the banks raised their dividends but the other financial stocks kept theirs level.

All my real estate stocks raised their dividends in 2013. Of my utility stocks 6 out of 8 stocks or 75% raised their dividends. Of the other 2, one kept the dividends level and one decreased their dividends. Four of my 11 industrial stocks or 36% raised their dividends and the others kept their dividends level. Of my tech stocks 2 raised their dividends and 1 kept theirs level.

I also had two stocks give me a special dividend. One was Evertz Technologies (TSX-ET), a Tech firm and the other was Melcor Developments Inc. (TSX-MRD), a Real Estate firm.

See my spreadsheet at here.

On my other blog I am today writing about Manitoba Telecom Services Inc. (TSX-MBT, OTC-MOBAF)...continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment