Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Big Returns

I guess because I have a blog and my email address is on it, I get all sorts of unwanted emails. The worse probably are the ones saying that they can make you 1000% for 2000% return by investing the way they will tell you to. Probably the only ones making money off such offers is the people who offer you products to tell you how to do this.

Here is one such offer I got. If you look at the end of the advertisement part, he is offering you his newsletter at half is regular price of $1,495 or for $697 for a subscription. He says it is risk-free. I think not. Even if it is true he will give you back your money if you are unsatisfied. You could end up shelling out thousands of dollars on a trade you lose on.

It is very hard to make big returns on stock, especially consistently. Going for big returns can be fun and I have indulged myself into this. You can make some good returns with momentum buying or bottom feeding. However, this is risky and you should never use money you cannot afford to lose in such endeavors.

I made quite a bit of money on RIM, now Blackberry. I used what is called momentum buying to do this. The theory is that a fast rising stock tends to continue to rise fast. However, once it is no longer a fast rising stock it is time to get out. I also sold half my shares once the price was up 4 times what I paid for it just to ensure I did make a profit. I also know a lot of people who lost money on this stock.

On my other blog I am today writing about Computer Modelling Group Ltd. (TSX-CMG, OTC-CMDXF) ... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment