Monday, July 28, 2014

There is Nothing Like a Negative Report

There is nothing like a negative report to generate comments. Unfortunately, most comments express anger about a negative report or a report that has some negative points about a stock. But you should read negative reports with a questioning mind. Look to see if the writer makes s any valid points.

A negative report might just bring up some aspect of the stock you have never considered before. If so, you have to figure out how important that negative aspect is to the long term profitability of a stock. If you are in a stock for the short term, that is a different thing altogether.

I think that to be a good investor you have to read not only favorable reports, but also negative reports on stocks you have invested in. This applies especially to your favorite stocks. There are always positive and negative aspects to any stock. Hopefully, the positive aspects of a stock outweigh the negative aspects of a stock.

On my other blog I am today writing about Inter Pipeline Ltd. (TSX-IPL, OTC-IPPLF) ... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment