Monday, August 18, 2014

Big Risk and Returns

This is one of the weekly talks from TD Bank. It is only around 8 minutes. It is called "Why Big Risk does not give Big Returns". The whole point is that taking a big risk over the longer term does not get you big returns over the longer term. The big returns only happen over the shorter term.

Why when I invest in volatile stocks, I do so over a certain period of time. I may be invested over a few months or a few years, but in any event, I never stay in this type of stocks for the long term. I think that volatile stocks are the ones you can make capital gains from. I feel that if you are going for capital gains, this is by definition a short term investment.

On my other blog I am today writing about Loblaw Companies Ltd. (TSX-L, OTC- LBLCF) ... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment