Monday, August 25, 2014

Stocks, Mutual Funds and ETFs

Yes there are lots of stock on the stock exchanged and yes, it can take some time to investigate a stock to see if it the sort of stock you want to buy. However, there are more Mutual Funds and ETFs out there than stocks. If you care at all how you invest your money, it also takes time to investigate a Mutual Fund or ETF.

Frankly, I do not see that spending time investigating Mutual Funds or ETFs is less time consuming or less complicated than investigating a stock. In fact investigating a Mutual Fund or ETF might just be more complex. Not only must you look at the sort of thing the MF or ETF has invested in, you also have to know what fees you are being charged and how the MF or ETF works.

I have investigated some Mutual Funds and some ETFs and there are some truly weird and wonderful and complex set ups for some MFs or ETFs.

On my other blog I am today writing about Superior Plus Corp. (TSX-SPB, OTC-SUUIF) ... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment