Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Make Money in Stocks

To make money in stocks, first you have to ignore all the people that tell you that you can earn lots of money in a hurry. What all these people want do is sell you their newsletters. Investment newsletter can be quite expensive. That is how the purveyors of newsletters make their money. They do not make it investing. Making money from stocks is a patient game.

Since an email address is on my blog I get all sorts of emails telling me I could make zillions of dollars by buying the investment newsletters of the email sender. There is a lot of stuff that just goes directly to my junk mail file. The people sending these emails could not have read anything on my blog. If they had they might have come to the conclusion that I do my own research on what I buy.

I would recommend few investments newsletters. I had one the other day that starts with how they made over 206.81% in 2 months by investing in Unipixel Inc. (UNXL). This goes to Junk mail. Sometimes people are lucky, especially in an up market. Almost anyone can be an investment genius in an up market. What really counts is how you do when the market crashes. I have been through a number of these and with a solid portfolio I come out just fine on the other side.

What I have done is buy blue chip dividend growth companies and hold them for the long term.

On my other blog I am today writing about Magna International Inc. (TSX-MG, NYSE-MGA) ... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment