Wednesday, January 28, 2015

TFSA for January 2015

Today, I just wanted to say what I did with my new money for TFSA for January 2015. I had been looking at a number of options, but decided to buy Transcontinental Inc. (TSX-TCL.A, OTC-TCLAF) with most of the money. I had a bit left over so I bought as filler some more McCoy Global Inc. (TSX-MCB, OTC-MCCRF).

I recently reviewed Transcontinental Inc. and my reports are available here and here. See my spreadsheet at tcl.htm.

This is a dividend growth stock and no one seems concerned about this company's dividend even though they have had some trouble since 2008. The company just raised their dividends by 10.3% showing they have faith in the future. I have not yet decided if I will keep this for the long term or just until it recovers. I will keep an eye on it.

I am using small dividend paying stocks to soak up extra money I have in my accounts. McCoy Global Inc. is one such stock I am been using. My most recent reports on McCoy were in June of 2014 and are availablehere and here. See my spreadsheet at mcb.htm.

On my other blog I am today writing about Rogers Sugar Inc. (TSX-RSI, OTC-RSGUF) ... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment