Monday, December 14, 2015

Update Notes

When I review stock price and dividends each month, I also take the opportunity to look at a bit closer at some of the stocks I cover. These some of the stocks I looked at more closely. Also note my spreadsheet shows dividends that have declared. Most of the dividend increases are for 2016.

Automodular Corp. (TSX-AM.H, OTC-AMZKF)

The stock price has gone down a bit. They had their third quarterly results published. This showed no revenue and a $0.02 loss. It seems like they have not yet found something to do.

Bombardier Inc. (TSX-BBD.B, OTC-BDRBF)

Andrew Walker of Motley Fool says that 2016 could be a turnaround year if this company hits some key targets. (Do not forget if you do not get the full article when you click on the link above, if you then use your browser's arrows to go out and back into Motley Fool site, you will get the full article.)

Husky Energy Inc. (TSX-HSE, OTC-HUSKF)

Both the TD Bank and G&M say that the dividend has decreased from $1.20 to $1.18. I cannot find any evidence of that. However, the company announced that future dividends will be paid in shares and not cash. I got cash for my October 2015 dividend. The announcement from Husky said that its dividend would be maintained.

There is an article at Seeking Alpha about this.

Russel Metals Inc. (TSX-RUS, OTC- RUSMF)

This company is down substantially this year at almost 37%. I went looking for information on this stock. There is an article on Moody's which talks about downgrading their Senior Notes to negative from stable to reflect the recent substantial deterioration in its operating results and credit metrics and the expectation they will remain weak over the next 12 to 18 months.

There is also a recent article posted by Seth Barnet on WKRB about Director John Russell Tulloch buying 2,000 shares of the company's stock at $18.89 per share.

TransAlta Corp (TSX-TA, NYSE-TAC)

I have had this company since 1987. I have been worried about it for a while. I was recently at the Money Show in Toronto and one speaker said that TransAlta has been destroying shareholder value for the last 15 years. This is a bit harsh. But they did reduce their dividend by some 38% in 2015 as they are having problems.

There is an article by Nelson Smith of Motley Fool where he talks about three reasons why he bought this company recently.

Ensign Energy Services (TSX-ESI, OTC- ESVIF)

This stock is down by around 33% this year. There is an November 2015 article in Dakota Financial News of Director Thomas Joseph Connors acquiring 37,300 shares of the stock at an average cost of C$7.16 per share and with a total value of C$267,068.00.

There is a recent article by Geoffrey Morgan in the Financial Post talking about how the oil patch is learning to live within its means. This article includes some discussion on this company.

On my other blog I am today writing about DHX Media Ltd. (TSX-DHX.B, OTC- DHXMF) ... learn more...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment