Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Update Notes

When I review stock price and dividends each month, I also take the opportunity to look at a bit closer at some of the stocks I cover. These some of the stocks I looked at more closely.

Automodular Corp.

My stock Automodular Corp. (TSX-AM.H, OTC-AMZKF) has again started to buy up stocks on the open market as they feel that the market price is too low. Twitter. You have to wonder if this is the best use of the company's money. They purchased shares at $2.53 and $2.65.

DH Corporation

DH Corporation (TSX-DH, OTC-DHIFF) plunged recently because it missed the quarterly EPS estimates. It was rather overdone and it popped up some 5% on Friday.

Progressive Waste Solutions

Progressive Waste Solutions (TSX-BIN, NYSE-BIN) has merged with Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) and BIN shareholders will own some 30% of the new company. In connection with this merger the dividends received by BIN shareholders will be less. The notice to merge is here. The merger is expected to which is expected to close in the second quarter of 2016.

Atlantic Power Corp.

Atlantic Power Corp. (TSX-ATP, NYSE-AT) has deleted their dividend as part of their changes to overall capital allocation strategy. They announced this with the release of their year-end 2015 results here. They announced changes to their Capital Allocation Strategy in February of this year.

Canadian Pacific Railway

Canadian Pacific Railway(TSX-CP, NYSE-CP) has says they are renewing their commitment to return cash to shareholders in a disciplined manner that affirms our confidence in the long-term plan for CP. See the News Release.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about MacDonald, Dettwiler & Associates (TSX-MDA, OTC-MDDWF)... learn more. Tomorrow, I will write about WSP Global Inc. (TSX-WSP, OTC- WSPOF)... learn more on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 date around 5 pm.

Also, on my book blog I have put a review of the book The 100 Year Old Man by Jonas Jonasson learn more...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment