Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Sectors I Invest In



I thought I would show the sectors I have invested in. The first one is in table format. As you can see my main investments are in Consumer, Financial, Industrial and Utilities type stock.

Sector Investment
Cash 4.11%
Consumer 13.41%
Real Estate 4.60%
Financials 32.06%
Industrial 16.62%
Materials 0.19%
Energy 0.75%
Tech 2.33%
Utilities 25.84%
US MF 0.08%


This is a chart of the same information. Here you can visually see the larger investments in Consumer (red), Financial (purple), Industrial (light blue) and Utilities (light green) type stock



Below the sector are broken down further. From this you can see that my biggest investments is in Banks, then Infrastructure Utilities (like pipelines), then Insurance companies and then Power type Utilities (like Emera).

Sector Sub-sector Investment
Cash Cash 4.11%
Consumer Consumer Discretionary 6.32%
Consumer Consumer Staple 7.09%
Real Estate Real Estate 4.60%
Financials Bank 20.64%
Financials Financial Services 1.76%
Financials Insurance 9.66%
Industrial Construction 7.35%
Industrial Industrial 0.98%
Industrial Manufacturing 1.82%
Industrial Services 6.46%
Materials Materials 0.19%
Resources Energy 0.75%
Tech Tech 2.33%
Utilities Infrastructure 14.62%
Utilities Power 9.44%
Utilities Telecom Services 1.79%
US MF US MF 0.08%


This is a chart of the same information. Here you can visually see the larger investments in Banks (blue-green on the right hand side), Infrastructure, Utilities (the light green on the left side), Power, Utilities (purple on the right side), Insurance (the med-blue at the bottom), Consumer Discretionary and Consumer Staples (the right and dark green on the top right).



On my other blog I wrote yesterday BCE Inc. (TSX-BCE, NYSE-BCE)... learn more. Tomorrow, I will write about Sun Life Financial Inc. (TSX-SLF, NYSE-SLF)... learn more on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment