Tuesday, June 19, 2018

New Computer

I am getting a new computer and moving to Windows 10. The new computer I bought is an Acer Aspire GX Desktop. I currently get gamer computers as they are the only ones with the speed and RAM I feel I need. This one is at 3.6 GHz with 16MB of RAM.

I have resisted upgrading from my computer than is running Windows 7 to Windows 10. It is hard to get used to a new operating system. I will have to get used to new versions of Microsoft Office. It is getting easier in some ways now because you can just google a question and someone will have already put up on the internet what to do.

I bought this new computer at Best Buy. They promised for $150 to set up my computer. They wanted me to bring in my old computer to use to set up and transfer data. However, I do not want to let go of it as I use my computer all the time. I am taking in an external hard drive with my data and strict instructions on how I want it set up. I will let you know how this works out.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (TSX-AQN, NTSE-AQN)... learn more. Next, I will write about CI Financial Corp (TSX-CIX, OTC- CIFAF)... learn more on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 around 5 pm or perhaps Thursday, June 21, 2018 around 5 pm. I am getting my new computer tomorrow, so I doubt if I will be able to blog then. I will skip a blog to my Investing Economics Mostly site.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever considered a Chromebook? If you don't need to online game or Microsoft excel or office, its a very affordable and reliable alternative to windows or mac

    ReplyDelete