Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Something to Buy

There is always something to buy in the stock market. On Monday, I put out a list of the stocks that I covered and showed what stock might be a good deal based on dividend yield. Now I am trying to categorize what sorts of stocks may be a good deal based on dividend yield.

Categorizing stocks is not as simple as it might seem. Every site you go to has categorized stocks a bit differently. I try to keep this as simple as possible. See my spreadsheet at here. As in other spreadsheets, you can highlight a line or a number of lines for better viewing.

A number of Consumer Staple stocks seem to be cheap. Examples would be Canada Bread (TSX-CBY) Dorel Industries (TSX-DII.B A) and Metro Inc. (TSX-MRU). A number of energy stocks also seem cheap. Examples are Canadian Natural Resources (TSX-CNQ); Cenovus Energy Inc. (TSX-CVE) and Suncor Energy (TSX-SU).

There are not that many cheap companies in Finance, but the banks mostly seem on the cheaper side. There are not many companies cheap in the Tech sector except for small companies like Calian Technologies Ltd (TSX-CTY) and Evertz Technologies (TSX-ET).

The infrastructure type utility companies are not cheap. What utility companies that are cheap, seem to be cheap for a good reason. Examples are Atlantic Power Corp (TSX-ATP) and TransAlta Corp (TSX-TA)

On my other blog I am today writing about Nordion Inc. (TSX-NDN, NYSE-NDZ)...continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment