Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Inequality

It is not Inequality that people protest about. As in the US currently people where not protesting inequity because that has been around forever. What they are protesting is that the system does not work for them. This is the real problem.

We have this problem in Canada, but we do not have such a large minority of people for whom the system does not work. Look at people living on the street. Our country is not working for them at the moment. We need to fix this.

The left's solution of giving everyone in country money will not work. It sounds like the elite Roman's solution to their poor of bread and circuses. It did not work then and it will not work now.

It is interesting that in Canada we elected a traditional Politian in Trudeau. But then our middle class has not been under the pressure that it has been in the US. In the US just under half the taxpayers do not pay any Federal Tax. Lots collect money through the tax system. Like benefits given to those in low paying jobs.

For the people with difficulties living in our society, they do not want to be fobbed-off like this, they instead want in. They want a society that works for them. This is what we have to fix.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Encana Corp. (TSX-ECA, NYSE-ECA)... learn more. Tomorrow, I will write about Keyera Corp. (TSX-KEY, OTC-KEYUF)... learn more on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 around 5 pm.

Today on my other blog I am writing about Dollarama Inc. (TSX-DOL, OTC-DLMAF)... learn more on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment