Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Update Notes

When I review stock price and dividends each month, I also take the opportunity to look at a bit closer at some of the stocks I cover. These some of the stocks I looked at more closely.

Automodular Corp. (TSX-AM, OTC-AMZKF)

This company no longer has any business and is being delisted from the TSX on August 14, 2015 and is going to be listed on NEX Exchange, a part of the TSX Venture Exchange. I am retaining my shares and I hope to be able to learn how the NEX Exchange works. The company talks about this change here. I have only a small nominal amount in this stock. NEX stock symbols end with an H or K that is ABC.H or ABC.K.

Barrick Gold Corp. (TSX-ABX, NYSE-ABX)

Buying Barrick Gold was a long term bet that I think may still pay off. Barrick has been in the news lately because of a sale of a mine. This Financial Post article talks about this. Benjamin Sinclair in the Motley Fool asks if Barrick is a steal at $10. He basically says no. I only have a small nominal amount in this stock.

Bombardier Inc. (TSX-BBD.B, OTC-BDRAF)

I have had this stock for a very long time, since 1987. I have seen it up and down and lot in that period of time. The value of my investment has been falling a lot lately. However, this investment is just one half of one percent of my portfolio. I have not yet decided whether or not to sell this. I was waiting for the next bear market as most of my value in this stock is all capital gain because I bought it so long ago.

Goodfellow Inc. (TSX-GDL, OTC-GFELF)

I bought this as a small cap with dividends. I was trying it out. It was struggling when I reviewed this stock in February of this year. My reports are here and here. I was reviewing this stock because the stock price had not changed from last month, but it did go up then down between last month and this month.

There does not seem much happening on this stock recently. There is one report of it signing a deal with Certain Teed. There is also a Stockhouse report about this company having a good second quarter.

Dividends are paid semi-annually and they are set by the board. Dividends on this company tend to go and down a lot. Last year the dividends were set at $0.20 and $0.25 a share. The dividend for the first half of 2015 was set at $0.15. They pay what they feel that they can afford to pay.

Reitmans Canada Ltd (TSX-RET.A; OTC-RTMAF)

I bought this stock when it was cheap and struggling. I plan to hold it for a while and see what happens. Nothing much is happening here. There is one interesting article about RW & Co. a chain owned by Reitmans.

On my other blog I am today writing about DirectCash Payments Inc. (TSX-DCI, OTC-DCTFF) ... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment