Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Update Notes 2

When I review stock price and dividends each month, I also take the opportunity to look at a bit closer at some of the stocks I cover. These some of the stocks I looked at more closely.

Le Chateau Inc. (TSX-CTU.A, OTC- LCUAF)

This stock continues to decline. The most recent news I can find is from Stock House and its article is dated September 2015 and it talks about the second quarterly results with sales declining by some 7.3%.

Smart REIT (TSX-SRU.UN, OTC-CWYUF)

Last month, for whatever reason, I found that so many sites have not updated to the new name. This did not occur this month, so I guess everyone is one board with the name change now.

The company announced the change on July 6, 2015 and said they expected the change to be effective July 8, 2015. For their website, you get the same one whether you go to callowayreit.com or smartreit.ca. However, the usual way websites work is that if there is a name change, the address on the browser changes to the correct one when you enter an address. In this case the web address says either as callowayreit.com or smartreit.ca.

Teck Resources Ltd (TSX-TCK, NYSE-TCK)

In a news release dated November 17, 2015 Teck Resources announced that they will decrease their dividends. In response to persistent low commodity prices, Teck is implementing additional measures to reduce costs and conserve capital and reducing the dividend is one of the things the company is doing.

Wajax Corp. (TSX-WJX, OTC-WJXFF)

This company is down almost 50% in 2015. This article by Casey McCarthy in Financial Magazine only talks about the decline in the company using technical analysts. However, the company has problems in decreasing Revenue, Earnings, Dividends and Cash Flow for 2015.

This November article in Dakota Financial News talks about Director Robert P. Dexter purchasing 10,000 shares at an average cost of C$17.54 per share and for a total transaction of C$175,400.00. So this is a positive for the company.

Wajax Corp. (TSX-WJX, OTC-WJXFF)

This company is down almost 60% in 2015. Shares plunged a month ago because the company missed Q3 revenue estimate and cut the dividend. In this article by Eric Jhonsa in Seeking Alpha Jhonsa talks about the company making a licensing deal with Industrial equipment maker Crane.

On my other blog I am today writing about First Capital Realty (TSX-FCR, OTC-FCRGF) ... learn more...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment