Thursday, March 30, 2017

Type of Investor

I am basically of a value investor, liking particularly dividend growth companies. I have almost stayed away from resource stocks. I am a buy and hold type investor. But I do have some fooling around money because doing other types of investments is more fun. I currently have around 44% in my RRPS accounts, some 52% in my trading account, around 3% in my TFSA and under 1% in my US$ account.

I am some 99% invested in Canadian Stock and 1% in international stock. Actually I have less than 1% international. I tried investing in the US and International stock, but did not do well so I am back into Canadian Stocks only. I wrote about this in two posts of investing on US Stocks. International Stocks.

When I stopped working in 1999, I had 50% in registered and non-registered accounts. If I had to do that over again, I would put no money in an RRSP. I never got much tax relief and I am paying a high price for what I got.

I sold my last bond in 2007 and have not invested in any since. However, I do have some GICs. This is because I taking money from my RRSP accounts and I feel that I need to 5 years of future dividends and cash or near cash to be able to survive well any future bear markets.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Sun Life Financial Inc. (TSX-SLF, NYSE-SLF)... learn more. Tomorrow, I will write about DH Corp (TSX-DH, OTC-DHIFF)... learn more on Friday, March 31, 2017around 5 pm

Also, on my book blog I have put a review of the book The Upright Thinkers by Leonard Mlodinow learn more...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    How about FSZ (fiera capital ) .
    Dividend increases for the last five years .
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete