Thursday, July 12, 2018

Another Source of Income

For anyone wanting income they should look at investing in dividend growth stock. Dividend growth stock generally start out with a lower return than interest rates but since the dividends increase over time you will have increasing income. We are living in usually times where dividend yield can be higher than interest but this will not last and it is seldom the case.

You can fund your purchase in a number of ways. You can save to buy stocks in a high interest savings account of a bank. You can open a credit union account as often credit unions will give a better rate then banks. You can open a plain vanilla mutual fund with one of the big five banks. Often you can make arrangements to automatically put money into the mutual fund. You can use a line of credit.

The type of company to start with buying would be from the financial sector, the consumer sector, or the utility sector. I review lots of companies. You can also look at Dividend Growth Investing & Retirement blog with his website here. For company you want to invest in you should check it out on Stock Chase to get a feel for the company and to see if there are any major problems. You can google the company with “stockchase” after the company’s name and you should be directed to information on that stock.

You are better off look at the information on the above blog than say the Dividend Aristocrats index list. The Dividend Aristocrats list can have some real dogs in it and if you are a novice you would not know what to look for.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Morneau Shepell Inc. (TSX-MSI, OTC-MSIXF) ... learn more. Next, I will write about Inter Pipeline Ltd (TSX-IPL, OTC-IPPLF) ... learn more on Friday, July 13, 2018 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my website for stocks followed and investment notes. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter or StockTwits. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment