Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Money Show 2018 – Nick Bontis

Nick Bontis spoke in the opening remarks. His talk was called “Disruptive Technology”. He is a Director at Harvest Portfolio Group. His site is here and his company’s sitehere.

Gretzky said that you do not go where the puck is but where it will be.

The larges companies are Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, and Alphabet. Apple is getting into cars, Amazon is looking at blimps for home delivery and Alphabet is getting into phones and contact lenses.

Canadian usage of the internet has gone from 4% to 91%. The highest usage is 100% by Scandinavia and South Korea. You need high literacy rates for internet penetration. The internet had 30M users in 1999 and 3.9B users in 2018. There are 2128 IP addresses. Most houses have 8.1 internet active apps in their homes.

With 3.9B on the interest, which is just over 50% of the population, there will be explosion of use in the future.

Harvest has a Blockchain Technologies EFT with a symbol of TSX-HBLK. There will be lots of uses in blockchain in the future. They could have a system to validate CVs.

Nick Bontis wrote book called Information Bombardment: Rising Above the Digital Onslaught.

On my other blog I wrote today about Linamar Corporation (TSX-LNR, OTC-LIMAF) ... learn more. Next, I will write about Teck Resources Ltd. (TSX-TCK.B, NYSE-TCK) ... learn more on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment