Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Go Big, Then Stop

Nick Maggiulli on Of Dollars and Data talks about how to save money. He explores the investment strategy that exploits the miracle of compounding.

I find this idea rather intriguing. It is great if you can get the miracle of compounding working for you rather than against you. I invested over a number of years but I was not very consistent in investing. I did get compounding working for me by buying dividend growth stocks. However, if I had been more consistent in investing, I probably would have been able to retire earlier than I did. However, I did stop working at a formal job at 54, so that was not bad.

On my other blog I wrote today about Equitable Group Inc (TSX-EQB, OTC-EQGPF) ... learn more. Next, I will write Pason Systems Inc (TSX-PSI, OTC-PSYTF) ... learn more on Wednesday, October 13, 2021 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Retirement at 54 is a big deal, you are the best :-)
    A normal individual cannot always save money and invest on a regular basis, its just how life goes sometime and its ok.

    ReplyDelete