Thursday, August 22, 2024

Toromont Industries Ltd

I want to talking about stocks I have had for the long term. This is basically what I have talking about. Buy good companies and keep them. The next one to talk about is Toromont Industries Ltd (TSX-TIH, OTC-TMTNF) which I first bought in 2007 for my RSP account and in 2008 I bought it for both my trading account and my pension account.

I have made 13.80% per year with 11.80% from capital gains 2% from dividends. I cannot separate the return my account because I have been moving this stock from my RSP and Pension accounts to my Trading Account.

This stock may have a low dividend yield (below 2%), but increases have been in the moderate range (from 8% to 14% per year) with increases over the past 5 years at 13.8% per year. On my original purchase price, my dividends are in the 10% ranges. This is why I like this stock. Yield maybe low, but the increases in dividends are good.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc (TSX-ATD, OTC-ANCUF) ... learn more. Next, I will write about Exchange Income Corp (TSX-EIF, OTC-EIFZF) ... learn more on Friday, August 23, 2024 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. I am not a licensed professional investment advisor. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment