Some examples of mine for stocks I gave up on and sold are:
- AGF Management Ltd. (TSX-AGF.B), a stock that I bought in 2001 and sold in 2006. I made a total return of 2.08% per year. It started to show signs of problems in 2003 and I gave up on it by 2006.
- Nokia Corp. (NYSE-NOK) is a stock I bought in 1999 and gave up on in 2008. I made a total return of 2.23% per year on this stock.
- Onex Corp.(TSX-OCX), is a stock I bought in 2001and gave up on in 2008. I made a total return of 5.87% per year on this stock.
- Barclays PLC ADR, (NYSE-BCS) a stock I bought in 2000. It was hit hard by the recent financial crisis. I still have it and I have made a total return of 3.08% per year.
- Power Financial Corp. (TSX-PWF) is a stock I bought in 2001 and 2004. It got into trouble, as all Life Insurance companies did in 2008. To date I have made a total return of 8.6% per year.
- Sun Life Financial (TSX-SLF), a stock I first bought in 2000. I have made a total return on this stock of 5.84% per year.
- Manitoba Telecom (TSX-MBT), a stock I bought in 2006 and at one time held a fair bit of it. I have been selling it off. I have made a total return on this stock of 2.78% per year. This stock I will eventually get rid of entirely.
- TransAlta (TSX-TA), a stock I bought in 1987 and I have made a total return of 6.83% per year.
On my other blog I am today writing about Power Financial Corp. (TSX-PWF, OTC-POFNF)...continue...
This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.
See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.