Thursday, May 25, 2017

Dividend Stocks

Meb Faber writes some interesting articles on investing in dividend stocks. They are Dividend Growth Myth and What You Do Not Want to Hear About Dividend Stocks. For the first article you really have to scroll down to find the subject.

Yes, currently I have mostly dividend stocks and dividend growth stocks. I do believe in them. I am currently living off my dividends. And yes, I do have Canadian Banks which pay good dividends. However, when I was growing my portfolio I did not just go for dividend stocks and certainly not high yield stocks.

When I was growing my portfolio I was working so having high yield dividend stocks was fine in my RRSP account, but not in my trading account. In my trading account I had a mixture of median yield, low yield and no yield stocks. Today the vast majority of my stocks are dividend stocks. When building a portfolio your needs in stocks and dividends are different from when you are living off your portfolio.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Hardwoods Distribution Inc. (TSX-HWD, OTC-HDIUF)... learn more. Tomorrow, I will write about Ensign Energy Services (TSX-ESI, OTC-ESVIF)... learn more on Friday, May 26, 2017 around 5 pm.

Also, on my book blog I have put a review of the book The Story of the Jews by Simon Schama learn more...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment