Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Money Show 2017

I want to start blogging about this show with my overall impression. As usual, they had some very good speakers in the opening ceremonies. Also the speaker line up for Canadian Money Saver magazine was again very good. This series of talks on Saturday is aimed at a general audience and would be fine for investors at all levels.

What I like is that Canadian Banks are returning to this conference. They all left a few years ago. This year CIBC and BMO were there. I miss the TD bank and especially their economic talks. One surprise was the difference in the CIBC speakers. In the opening Benjamin Tal was very, very good. This contrasted with the very boring talk by Si Mokhtari. I would normally found Sid's subject of interest, but the presentation left much to be desired.

Another surprise was the Friday evening talk put on my Keystone Financial Publishing Corp and Ryan Irvine. This was great talk and very informative. Because of this I went to the Saturday talk by Ryan Irvine but this was a mistake. It was just a repeat of the part of the Friday night talk and so I left.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about High Liner Foods (TSX-HLF, OTC-HLNFF)... learn more. Tomorrow, I will write about Smart REIT (TSX-SRU.UN, OTC-CWYUF)... learn more on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment