Thursday, May 14, 2020

Canadian REITs

Everyone has their own view on what REITs to buy. This article in Advise for Investors was reprinted from an article in their Investor’s Digest of Canada. However, note that this article was published in January of this year before lockdown.

A lot of people have been recently talking negatively about REITs that have apartment buildings, retail space and office spaces. Divya Balji on Bloomberg has a more recent April 2020 on Canadian REITs and their problems. Also, Joey Frenette in March on Motley Fool talks about why you should buy SmartCentres REIT (TSX:SRU.UN).

The REIT Report has put out a Canadian REITs Report. On this page you will find all the Canadian REITs and their profile. The profile here is what sector they are in such as Offices, Hotels, Residential, Diversified, Retail, Healthcare or Industrial. The Blogger Dividend Earner has a January article about Canadian REITs and he talks about the best REITs and the ones on the Aristocrat list.

I have some REITs. I bought them for some diversification. I do not own any property at the present time. I may or may not buy a condo at some point. I used to have a cottage, but most of my adult live I have rented and I am quite happy to do so.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Hammond Power Solutions Inc (TSX-HPS.A, OTC-HMDPF) ... learn more. Next, I will write Mullen Group Ltd (TSX-MTL, OTC-MLLGF) ... learn more on Friday, May 15, 2020 around 5 pm

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment