Thursday, September 16, 2021

Successful Investing

If you want to be successful at investing, buy good stocks and hold them. You will also have to ignore the market a lot of the time. The market goes up and the market goes down. The point is to not panic. If you buy good companies, you will probably have no problems.

However, you will have to realize even when buying good companies, things do happen. Companies can fail and some will. The thing is to do well on most of your stocks. You will not do well on them all. I have had failures in stocks in the past. This happens. I will sell a stock when I lose faith in it.

I buy dividend growth stock. In every bear market I have stocks that cut or suspend their dividends. You usually will not know ahead of time which stocks will have a hard time in a bear market. Every bear market is different and it will affect different sectors differently. But note in every bear market I have also had stocks that increase their dividends. In every bear market I have an overall increase in dividends.

You need to have a diversified portfolio. You need to have different companies in different sectors. The only sectors I do not recommend are the resource sectors. That is oil and gas and mining.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Great-West Lifeco Inc (TSX-GWO, OTC-GWLIF) ... learn more. Next, I will write about Alcanna Inc (TSX-CLIQ, OTC-LQSIF) ... learn more on on Friday, September 17, 2021 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment