Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Warren Buffett Quotes

Some good advice by Warren Buffet on investing. This is via Money Sense and Financial Post. The points he makes are below, but read the article for details.
  1. Beware of inflation (it’s heating up)
  2. Don’t follow the herd
  3. Prepare your portfolio for anything
  4. Volatility is part of the game
  5. If you want to buy Bitcoin, proceed with caution
  6. Focus on quality and value
  7. Think long-term — even if you have very little to invest
The portfolio I live off of is invested in Dividend Growth Stocks. At the present time, not all are growing their dividends, but I keep the ones I have not lost faith in. My dividends are still growing, but much slower than in the past. My dividends are up only 3.9% year to date. The value of my stock is way up. My total return on my portfolio is 25.6% year to date.

I have built a portfolio to last through hard times and I do not sell in bear markets. My portfolio is built to out last bear markets. I do invest for the long term. I do look for quality and value in the stocks that I buy. I understand that the prices of stock are volatile but dividends are generally not.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Linamar Corporation (TSX-LNR, OTC-LIMAF) ... learn more. Next, I will write about Teck Resources Ltd (TSX-TECK.B, NYSE-TECK) ... learn more on Wednesday, September 29, 2021 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment