Thursday, June 15, 2023

TD Bank

Mark Seed on My Own Advisor talks about investing in TD Bank. He bought this stock mid-2009.

I also own this bank and I have had it since 2000 and made a second purchase in 2009. This was my third bank to buy, having bought BMO in 1983 and Royal in 1995.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Goeasy Ltd (TSX-GSY, OTC-EHMEF) ... learn more. Next, I will write about Lassonde Industries Inc (TSX-LAS.A, OTC-LSDAF) ... learn more on Friday, June 16, 2023 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

3 comments:

  1. TD has large amount (~92B) negative free cash flow at end of 2023. Because its proposed acquisition was unsuccessful, it should have cash reserves. How come it has such bad balance sheet? and what does this mean for TD in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FCF is not negative according to WSJ. FCF is calculated differently by different sites and I tend not to look at it much. The balance sheet looks fine to me. I have TD and have no intentions of selling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan for your response. The data I saw is from Yahoo Financial. I am planning to buy some TD shares because of its relatively low price, but I am concerned if its fundamental is still OK. I can not understand the reason, so will give up for now.

    ReplyDelete