Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Own Advisor Blog

I think that it takes many years of reading and investing to become a competent investor. My Own Advisor thinks differently. He has recommended some good "starter" investing books that he thought I should share.

Andrew Hallam
First up is a book by Hallam which he reviews in three separate blogs. Hallam's book is called Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School

When I first heard about Millionaire Teacher, I was excited to get my hands on it. Now that I have, I couldn't imagine not owning this gem..continue...

I consider Millionaire Teacher a gem for your personal finance library because it is an excellent and an enjoyable read. Andrew goes beyond the technical...continue...

Over the last couple of weeks, in Part 1 and Part 2, I raved about Andrew Hallam's book. I have good reason to. I consider Millionaire Teacher a gem for your personal finance library...continue...

Gail Bebee
My Own Advisor also admires Gail Bebee's book called No Hype The Straight Goods on Investing Your Money

He mentions this book when asking "How many dividend stocks are enough?" See My Own Advisor's blog on this subject on buying dividend stocks. He also gives a review of this book on his books page.

Dan Bortolotti
The last book he recommends is one by Dan Bortolotti called MoneySense Guide to the Perfect Portfolio. He has a two part post on this book.

According to Dan Bortolotti from Canadian Couch Potato, there is a perfect portfolio out there for investors. Imagine a portfolio that is inexpensive to construct, has low ongoing, maintenance costs, efficient like the markets and in doing so, allows you to avoid the stock market noise. Does this sound too good ...continue...

Tired of reading technical and academic "how to" investing books? Scratching your head to figure out the financial jargon that goes with investing these days? Too many financial acronyms that sound like some foreign... continue...

If you want to buy this book, see the post on all the books My Own Advisor recommends below.

All Books Recommended
My Own Advisor has one post where he reviews all investment books he recommends. See his post on books I've really enjoyed and learned from... continue...

On my Investment Talk blog I am today writing about Bell Aliant Inc. (TSX-BA). Today, I am discussing why I will no longer follow this stock. To read about this stock go here....

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my website for stocks followed and investment notes. Follow me on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment