Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Dividend Guy Blog

Dividend Investing

I think that the first thing you might want to check out is The Dividend Guy's Dividend Investing eBook. It is free. He starts off with: the question of "Why Dividend Investing?" and gives I have 3 simple reasons:
  • #1 Dividend Investing is Easy to Understand - A prestigious financial background is not required if you follow simple and time-tested investing principles
  • #2 Dividend Investing is Perfect for Lazy People - Not much time is required once you learn the basic principles of how to select your stocks.
  • #3 Dividend Investing, if Done Right, equals Receiving Money Monthly! - Dividend payouts are regular.
What this eBook is about? This eBook is a friendly guide to dividend investing. It is separated into 4 chapters:
  • Chapter #1: Don't Lose Money Investing - Instead Learn to Make Money
  • Chapter #2: Looking at the Engine of Your Never Ending Money Distributor - Build Your Core Portfolio With Dividend Stocks
  • Chapter #3: Baby Steps Guide to Start Investing
  • Chapter #4: Tools of the Trades - The Complete List of Dividend Resources
continue...

The above eBook was made for novice investors, but he also has written a complete beginner's guide to dividend investing with its own web site.

Dividend investing has become one of the most famous and effective way to invest for the past 20 years. In fact, it has been proven many times that Dividend investing is a huge part of the stock market yield. Unfortunately, if you are a beginner investor,... continue

Start investing with $1,000

Another section of this site that you may also want to read is his series on how to start investing with $1,000. He started this series from a question he got from someone just starting to invest. He starts out talking about options:

You have actually 3 options. However, I would disregard the first option which would be to buy 38 shares of one company trading at $26. This wouldn't make sense in terms of asset diversification and trading fees. However, you have options #2 and #3 ... continue...

Next he talks about "How To Pick The Right Brokerage Account Before Investing"

Last week, I started a short series about dividend investing for beginners. I noticed that it had generated a few comments as I waved the first option that would be to start with stock picking right away. I still believe that starting with 1 or 2 stocks in your portfolio may put you at risk if you are just starting to learn the investing... continue...

Next he talks about "How To Pick Your ETFs and/or Dividend Funds"

I remember the first time I opened my brokerage account online to start trading. I had $19,500 that I just transferred from a line of credit and I felt like a kid in a candy store with $1M in my pocket... continue...

In the last entry of this series, he goes on to talk about "What to look for in buying a stock".

Starting to get a little more precise about investing in dividend stocks with a small portfolio, we are looking today at the basics you need to consider before purchasing... continue...

This is a blog that would be well worth it for any investors to check out.

On my Investment Talk blog I am today writing about Coast Wholesale Appliances Inc. (TSX-CWA). Today, I am discussing the stock. To read about this stock go here....

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my website for stocks followed and investment notes. Follow me on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment