Monday, September 17, 2012

The Passive Income Earner Blog

The Passive Income Earner Blog is the last one I am reviewing. He has done a number of blog entries that should help investors who are just starting out with a number of "How To" posts. This blogger says that he "has some large purchase in my TFSA/RRSP accounts but I am quite active with Computershare with small investments every month. It's slow but in 3 years, I now have over $10K invested". To learn about Computershare, read the first entry on starting with little money.

How to Start Dividend Investing with Little Money
One of the most challenging aspects of starting with dividend investing may be to not know how much money we need to get started. I started investing in mutual funds back in my 20's and I was focused on building my RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) and maximizing my contributions. That's what you were supposed to do... Well, the reality is that the benefits of RRSP when your income is low is not all that great from a tax saving perspective...continue...

How Review Your Portfolio
It's a new year and if you have not done so, it might be appropriate to review your portfolio. One powerful concept, aside from compound growth, is to balance... continue...

How to Transfer Shares to your Kids
For the longest time, I have been an income focused investor. I remember when I started working, I did not have much money to invest and I invested in mutual funds telling myself "if I can have more to invest one day, I would buy stocks" (at the time, trading was usually $30 - no $6.99 options back then). It turns out that you don't need a lot of money and you don't have to pay any fees!!! It was quite marvelous... continue...

How to Track your Dividend Investment Performance
I am a serious Quicken user and have been for years. I started using Quicken back in 1997. You read that right - even before the automatic updates from the web were possible! My Quicken file is nearly 100 megs in size. As you can probably imagine, I have a good grasp on my accounting but even after all those years, there is one view of my portfolio I can't get with all the software out there. I want to view my investment from a capital invested perspective... continue...

How To Use StockChase.com
I have written about Stock Chase in the past and how it tracks the comments from analysts and wealth managers on BNN. BNN is Canada's Business News Network with many programs where experts are invited to discuss companies either...continue...

This is another blogger worth reading by novice investors.

On my Investment Talk blog I am today writing about IBI Group Inc. (TSX-IBG). To read about this stock go here....

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my website for stocks followed and investment notes. Follow me on twitter.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I find it very difficult to measure how much money I need to get started. I have some experience with funds, and I will put down some hard work to reach at least one of my goals. To have $10K invested sounds somewhat risky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To buy stock, you generally must buy a board lot (that is 100 shares). So, if the stock is at $25 you have to spend $2,500 plus commission.

    Risk is a rather personal idea. Some invest lots in buying a house and feel it is not risky, but in this case you are not diversified. If you buy stock, you can diversify amoung a number of different companies and industries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think investing is a good way to earn passive income online. However, I don't have any background when it comes to funds. I need to know more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making money online ebook I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete