Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Selling in a Bear Market

I only sell in a bear market because I like one stock better than another. If you sell and buy in a bear market your overall costs will be less. If I have such a trade of stock in mind, I try to pick a down market to do such a trade.

A reason I sell is when I see a stock I like better than one I have. Generally this is because I feel the stock I want to buy would be a better choice on a go forward basis. The best time to replace a stock is in a down market. If the relative exchange of stock would be the same in a down or up market, then in absolute dollar terms, doing a sell and buy in a down market is better.

At least that is my view. Also, I was talking about this to a friend of mine who is into Real Estate and she thinks that same is true in the Real Estate market. If you want to do a sell and a buy, it is best to do so in a down market.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my website for stocks followed and investment notes. Follow me on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment