Friday, September 13, 2013

Income Investing

I was just reading an interesting article on the TriDelta site by Ted Rechtshaffen on "The end of income investing - for now".

I am basically in agreement with him that REITs, Utilities and Telecommunications are overpriced. Personally I just bought some Barrick Gold Corp (TSX-ABX), which he mentions under Strike #1. I also have some tech stocks as he suggests in Strike #3. However, my tech stocks are Canadian, not American companies.

I will also be retaining my REITs, Utilities, and Telecommunication stocks. If you have a diversified portfolio, you will find that different parts of it perform better (or worse) at different times.

If you want some Tech stocks you should go to Can Tech. They had an article in June of this year on 12 dividend paying tech stocks. See the newsletter here.

On my other blog I am today writing about Granite REIT (TSX-GRT.UN, NYSE-GRP.U)...continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment