Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Own Advisor

The blogger, My Own Advisor has just written a blog entry on a very interesting subject. It was on what he would tell his younger self. You will also get a chance to say what you would tell your younger self if you want to.

My Own Advisor's blog starts off "Dear Mark:
  • There is no point saving for your financial future if you don't take care of your health. Your health will be your most important asset.
  • Investing is for the long-term. Trading is for the short-term. You're going to have minimal success at timing the market so forget trading. Make sure you buy and hold indexed products and established companies that pay dividends instead.
  • Avoid tinkering with your portfolio...."
To see the rest, click here.

On my other blog I am today writing about Barrick Gold Corp. (TSX-ABX, NYSE-ABX) ...continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment