Wednesday, April 16, 2014

OAS and Immigrants

There is a rather sympathetic article at the CBC about immigrants having to prove that they actually have lived the necessary time in Canada to get OAS. I do not like to see governments give its citizen a hard time, but you also have to be realistic.

Canada is already known as a soft-touch money wise. We cannot just give everyone that applies OAS. This is coming from our taxes and I think that it is realistic that people who apply have to prove that they have fulfilled the residency requirements. Surely if they lived and worked in Canada, there would be tax records. Also companies keep records of employees for a surprising long time.

On my other blog I am today writing about Davis & Henderson Corp. (TSX-DH, OTC-DHIFF) ...continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment