Monday, May 6, 2013

Best Spell Checker

I am an absolute atrocious speller. If you cannot get the first 3 letters of a word you will never find it in a dictionary. I used to use a word list book to find a word that I wanted to use. Now I use Google Search. At least Word will tell me when I have an incorrectly spelt word. It seldom gives a suggestion.

Google Search is so much better at trying to figure out what I am trying to spell. Not only that, but Google Search will spell things in context. So if you give it a few words in the sentence around what you are trying to spell, it will get the right word.

It would help if I pronounced words properly. I think that is my main problem. People think I have an accent, but I am just not pronouncing words correctly. I get close, but close does not help in spelling. We all have our faults; you just cannot let them slow you down. I have given lots of talks on specialized subjects as I used to work in IT.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment