Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Online Advertising

I think that the sites that put up a loud video on web page are just annoying people. I turn off the sound if anything comes in really loud. However, when at the side or top of a page that has a silent video, I often watch. It catches my eye.

I know a lot of sites are trying to make money online, especially newspapers. However, they are probably going about it the wrong way. I wonder if they ever have tried focus groups. They might set them straight on loud videos.

I do not think that having an ad on the side works. I think that if an ad has some interesting movement going on that people might pay more attention. Or, maybe it is just me.

My son is of the opinion that some people think that they will get more attention if they annoy people. Personally, I do not think that annoying people gets you anywhere, but others think different. They think that annoying ads do accomplish what the advertisers want.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. I do not think that having an ad on the side works. I think that if an ad has some interesting movement going on that people might pay more attention. Or, maybe it is just me. online advertising

    ReplyDelete