Thursday, May 23, 2013

Selling? Attitude Maybe Everything

What if you got a stock that is not doing well, but you hate to sell and incur a loss. Maybe the first thing you need to do is change your attitude, or how you view this stock and your portfolio. When considering changes to your portfolio, especially selling, the question you need to ask is "What is best for my portfolio from here?"

I usually sell a stock and buy another one when I think that from now into the future I will be better off with this trade. That is I want to replace a stock in my portfolio with something I like better. This is a positive change.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment